Mourning the Loss of Abdu: A Message from Vice President Dr. Soufleris
University College student Abderrahmane “Abdu” Mefti had a sudden and unexpected death on October 18, 2023. This news brings a wave of sadness amongst family, friends and colleagues in the Montclair campus.
Dr. Soufleris, Vice President of Student Development and Campus Life, had heartfelt words for everyone affected by Abdu’s death.
## Mental Health Support Available
In the wake of such sad news, it’s important to have support systems to rely on. The following are available to both students and the Montclair employees:
– Counseling and Psychological Services: offers 24/7 free, confidential support by calling 973-655-5211 and selecting Option “2”
– The Dean of Students Office: provides free assistance.
– Employee Assistance Program: free and confidential support by calling 800-242-7371
– 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: offers 24/7 free, confidential support.
## Sympathies for Abdu’s Family
Our condolences go out to Abdu’s family and friends for their loss. Dr. Soufleris and the Montclair campus will ensure the community has the resources needed to go through this difficult time.
– Mourning the Loss of Abdu: VP Dr. Soufleris Has a Message
– VP Dr. Soufleris Breaks the Sad News of Abdu’s Unexpected Death
– Grieving the Unexpected Loss of Abdu: What You Need to Know Now